Fainting in Coyles
An occasional letter from the Heart of Euroville
Visitors:


Tuesday, June 03, 2003  

I know that it's tough out in the Central Asian Republics

However to discover as I did today that the good people of Tajikistan have a minister who head up a minister called

(Fanfare) The Ministry for Extraordinary Situations has just made my day.

then to discover that they are not the only one but others such as Russia have a Minister with this title just provided the icing on the cake. Now I am sure there is a very good reason for it, and that there is probably something lost in the translation but please, please allow me to enjoy my fantasy minister dealing with a whole range of absurdity

posted by Eliab | 1:36 pm
«expat express»

«#Blogging Brits?»

Blogroll Me!Listed on BlogShares
archives
Stuff read while sitting
EU Observer
The Sprout
The Spectator
The Telegraph
Tech Central Station Europe
Centre for the New Europe